My first teaching session as Microsoft Student Partners



As a Microsoft Student Partners, I gave my first session on Introduction to Game designing in Xna. It was attended by more than 60 students from my college Bengal Institute of Technology. The driving force for this students to attend my session was the topic itself i.e designing game.

I was very confident, excited, and equally nervous for teaching so many students for the very first time. But, thanks to my friends who co-operated with me.







I described the most important elements required to design our own game i.e Microsoft Xna (game Engine) + Adobe illustrator( graphics) + Simple maths + interesting game play. Then discussed about Windows phone 7 games and apps. The benefits they can have by designing games in Xna, about cross platform support.

How they can begin by designing simple prototypes to execute their ideas and then discuss about very simple games to begin. I explained them few of the designs of my own game and online tutorial resources like xnadevelopment, Riemers XNA tutorial, App Hub.

I encouraged my friends about various game competitions like Imagine cup, Independent Game Festival, Experimental Game play etc.

The entire session continued for an hour. It was great experience interacting with so many students and answering their queries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raining Letters

Atooms to Moolecules

Tetris